Detecting a security breach is extremely important. Reducing the impact for a security breach, or the loss of confidential information, can minimize the harm that can be done with a breach.
A security breach can be anything from lost data, to intellectual property and can be harmful to a company brand and decrease customer trust. Being prepared is key, in the unfortunate event than a security incident ever occur. Through process, technology, and the people in your company, you can be better prepared and focus on early detection.
The following guidelines can help you, and your company, ensure you are ready in the event that a breach may occur:
- Have a comprehensive security breach response plan in place at your company
- Use incident data that is collected, to improve security
- Provide ongoing security training for all of your employees
- Dispose of any unnecessary data in your workplace by shredding and recycling electronics not in use (Use Mobile Record Shredders to shred in Colorado)
- Review and continuously update your antivirus and database security software
- Make security a priority in the culture of your company
- Enforce security process and policies in your company
Make sure your company is protected. Let us help you be ready in the event that a security breach occur.