What Type of Material Do You Shed?
We have so many people ask us about what exactly can they shred.
The answer is, just about anything! Instead of using conventional strip-cut shredders, like the shredders you purchase for your home office, we use crosscut shredding trucks to take care of your shedding needs. This crosscut technology reduces paper to extremely fine pieces, similar to confetti.
Additionally, the crosscut technology makes the paper so fine, that it is virtually impossible to reconstruct the documents again to avoid identity theft and breeches in confidentiality.
This crosscut process destroys anything from paper, to fabric, plastics, and metals. Wondering what to do with those old CDs and DVDs that you rarely use on your computer anymore? Shred!
For more information on our service, click here or contact us directly.
Mobile Record Shredders ensures customer information is secure, monitored and insured at every step of the way.
According to federal regulations, virtually every business has data that needs to be rendered incapable of use and identification prior to disposal. This regulation includes electronic sources of information.
Mobile Record Shredders is NAID certified and held to the highest of standards in document destruction. This means we are as secure as possible, and insured every step of the way. Whether it is a one-time cleanout or an ongoing service, we assume liabity from pickup through destruction through our secure process. Find out more here.
Reduce Waste in Your Office
Fact #1: The average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of paper each year.
Fact #2: The United States has less than 5% of the world’s population, but consumes 30% of the world’s paper.
Based on those facts, the U.S. EPA estimates that paper and cardboard account for almost 40% of our garbage. Implementing a workplace plan to recycle and reduce unnecessary paper use can prevent a large portion of that waste. Here are some helpful tips to creating a greener office environment.
- Purchase products with the maximum post-consumer recycled content available
- Print double sided documents
- Use economy print settings on printers and copiers
- Go digital whenever possible. Send any company communications through email only, or post to bulletin board if paper is necessary
- Purchase refillable ink cartridges
- Order office supplies in bulk to reduce packaging
- Buy paper produced by a company with a stated commitment to environmental stewardship
- Purchase and specify post-consumer recycled content papers. This helps expand the recycling market and assure recycling programs stay viable and effective. It also closes the loop by diverting waste from landfills and incinerators.
- Keep your mailing list updated. Evaluate your data, delete duplicates, remove those who have requested to be off, and target your mailings to specific audiences.
- Reuse packing material whenever possible
- Unsubscribe from junk mail sent to the office
- Invest in rechargeable batteries
- Use personal mugs instead of paper cups
When trying to make your office a greener environment, also consider disposing of paper documents through a shredding service. At Mobile record shredders we recycle 100% of the paper we shred and are a great complimentary service to helping your business improve green practices.